Submission Deadline for all materials is December 31st, 2016, 11:59 p.m CST
- You will need the following to apply:
- Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card to pay the $55.00 application fee. This fee is non-refundable.
- Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Card to pay the accompanist fee if and only if you choose to use a YTA staff accompanist. The accompanist fee is $100.00. This fee is non-refundable after February 10, 2017. Note–new this year–Accompanist requests after December 31st, 2016 will result in a $150.00 fee. After February 15th, 2016, changes in repertoire for those using a staff accompanist will result in a $50.00 surcharge.
- Curriculum Vitae in .doc, or .docx format (PDFs will not be accepted). Be sure to list major teachers as references and include their contact information in your curriculum vitae. Please note that a CV is not written in narrative (paragraph) form. Click here for help in writing and formatting your CV.
- Publicity photo in .jpg format (file size limit is 1 MB). Reduce your file size if necessary! Be sure to include your name in the photo file, e.g.: firstname_lastname.jpg (charles_ives.jpg)
- Recent audio or video recording (CD or DVD format only). Minimum of 15 minutes of music containing works of contrasting style and period. Submission of a recording is required (note: this is a new requirement). The repertoire on your recording does not need to be the same repertoire you intend to use in the live round. Please note that we do not accept YouTube links at this time.
- Your repertoire list in .doc or .docx format for the competition. PDFs will not be accepted. It must be “program ready,” in other words, listed exactly the way you would find it printed in a recital program. It must contain all of the following information:
- Composer’s full name and dates (Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750), not J.S. Bach)
- Complete title of each piece, including catalogue number (Schmieder, Hoboken, Köchel, etc.) and opus number where applicable. Be sure to include the instrument in your concerto title.
- The proper name of each movement (usually tempo marking, but not always) where applicable (Allegro con brio, etc.)
- The EXACT timing of each piece
- The EXACT timing of each movement
Once you have the above, you are ready to apply. Please note that YTA no longer accepts checks as a form of payment.
- Email the following to email@example.com
- Publicity photo in .jpg format. Use your first and last name in the title of the file, i.e. robertschumann.jpg
- Curriculum vitae in .pdf, .doc or .docx format. Do not send a resume or bio. Unsure of the difference? Click here for information about writing a CV.
- Your repertoire list in .doc or .docx format (NO PDF!)
- Send your audio/video recording to the Artistic Director at the address below, NOT to the YTA Post Office Box. It must be postmarked by December 31st, 2015 for consideration. The content of your recording does not need to include the repertoire you plan to use in your live audition. Send your recording to:
Emelyne Bingham, YTA Artistic Director
1808 Fatherland Street
Nashville, Tennessee 37206
- Proceed to the online application. Please be sure to have your credit card ready to complete the transaction. Click here for the application.
Make sure your CD or DVD is in audio or video format, not a data CD. Each year candidates are disqualified because they did not take the time to make sure their submission is encoded directly. Be sure to test your media in a standard CD or DVD player before you drop it in the mail.
All steps must be completed by December 31st, 2016, 11:59 p.m. CST.
Applications that are incomplete or late will not be considered.
All applications, vitae, and photos will become property of the Montgomery County Performing Arts Society and may be used for promotion.